COTALENT PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement applies to CoTalent (Co Talent IT Recruitment Pty Ltd, Co Talent Recruitment Pty Ltd, Co Talent Contracting Pty Ltd, Co Talent Consulting Pty Ltd ) and all references to “we”, “us”, or “our” in this document are references to CoTalent.
In this Policy headings are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation. Unless the context requires otherwise, the singular includes the plural and vice versa and a gender includes all genders.
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
CoTalent understands that your personal information is important to you and is committed to protecting your privacy. CoTalent is guided by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) outlined in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and other applicable laws governing privacy.
Where appropriate, CoTalent will handle personal information relying on the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee records exemption in the Australian Privacy Act and any other applicable exemptions in other legislation.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
CoTalent generally collects some or all of the following personal information about you when you access our web site, submit a resume for our consideration or when you are in contact with our representative:
- your name including any use of a pseudonym;
- your address and contact details;
- your employment history;
- information about personality, character, skills, qualifications and experience;
- Information about career path and preferences;
- your bank account details and Tax File Number; superannuation details;
- referee opinions;
- interview opinions;
- information required to undertake criminal history checks and obtain criminal history records;
- information required to ascertain a Candidates right to work in a particular jurisdiction; and
- any other information that you have supplied on your resume, proof of identity or in communications with a CoTalent representative.
You may choose not to provide us your personal information or act under a pseudonym. However, this will restrict our ability to provide you our services in seeking and being placed into work and CoTalent may not be able to provide its services to you as a result.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION
We obtain most of your personal information directly from you, for example:
- when you access our site or digital platforms;
- when you submit your resume to us;
- when you complete one of our registration forms or provide any other information in connection with your application; and
- each time you communicate with a CoTalent representative (by phone, email or in person).
To verify your identity, we may request proof of identification from you including copies of your passport, visa, driver’s license or any other relevant licenses and will only do so for the performance of our activities or functions as a recruitment agency.
We also collect some of your personal information from third parties including:
- reference checks with referees;
- publicly available sources including the Internet and social media sites;
- results of receive any competency or medical test or background checks including credit and criminal record checks;
- receiving any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace;
- receiving any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved;
- receiving any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- networking with your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body.
This information will be included in our records only if necessary for the performance of our activities or functions as a recruitment agency.
In addition, CoTalent may occasionally be required by law to collect, use and disclose your personal information, for example in order to comply with the requirements of government departments for business data.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- prospective employers or entities seeking to fulfil contract or permanent positions;
- staff of the departments responsible for administering the processes described above;
- related bodies corporate and third parties for the administration and provision of selected benefits and services (eg: background checking/screening, Software Solutions Providers, training and superannuation); and
- Your personal information may be transferred overseas, for the purposes and processes described above (for example, submitting your resume for an international position).
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CoTalent relies on the accuracy of the personal information you provide to us.
To the extent authorised by the Privacy Act and other applicable laws, you can access and amend your personal information held by CoTalent. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. To access, correct or make a complaint in relation to your personal information please contact email@example.com
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CoTalent will take reasonable steps to ensure that we hold your personal information in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for approved business purposes. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, and take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us across the internet. These activities are conducted at your own risk.