- 6 month initial contract, likely to extend
- Join a high performing team and learn from some of the best
- Creative, problem-solving environment full of like-minded people
About the company
Our client is a global financial organisation without the typical red tape you would usually find in most banks. They lead the way in innovation and are streamlining their business practices. With their unique structure be prepared to find a laid-back environment, where contractors are treated like permanent staff.
About the team
You will be joining a high achieving, problem solving team, who are some of the best in the industry. You will share ideas in a creative environment where innovation is the main goal.
The project will require the containerisation of multiple Java applications on premise and then to cloud. You should have experience leading projects from the front and really owning the code you write. You should follow best practices and principles and have strong experience in an agile and CI/CD setting.
You should have demonstrated experience with greenfield projects. You have bonafide experience developing Angular applications and commercial exposure to Angular 8. You are very comfortable around large, enterprise Java / Spring based applications.
- Have 5+ years’ experience working with Java, Spring, Spring Boot
- Angular Apps; Angular 8 experience highly valued
- Strong unit testing skills
- Knowledge of building CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins desired)
- Excellent SQL knowledge
- Design patterns and data structures; OO Design
Job Features and Benefits
- Laidback, flexible contractor friendly environment where delivery matters more than what time you clock in
- Conveniently located offices near a train station
- Modern hardware and software
- Gain experience in financial markets software