- $120-$140 Base Rate
- Location: Canberra
-Start-up environment developing construction safety products
Our client is an Australian based construction software company with the goal to make construction sites as safe and efficient as they can be.
Their core offering is a product which allows construction workers to automatically sign on and off work sites. This also fives site managers real-time visibility over who is on-site. This helps manage site emergencies and day to day activities in ways previously possible.
You will be working with a start-up’s small product and engineering team (currently 6 people) to improve their SaaS products.
They are looking for a mid/senior backend software engineer with high proficiency with PHP; Laravel or a similar framework and team environment experience.
This means you will be required to help develop new product features as well as fix existing product defects, based on client feedback. You will need to be able to pass knowledge and best practices on to new hires.
As a smaller startup, you will have an amazing opportunity to own decisions that interest you, without being hindered by roadblocks.
- Full-stack principles: do you understand how a web app communicates with REST servers, and how this information might be stored and queried in an SQL database
- Learning: are you good at learning new things, especially technical/software related?
- Independent worker: can you be largely self-driven producing results without cutting corners, and do you know when to reach out for help?
- Communication: can you communicate technical concepts, and work together to plan projects?
We don’t expect you to be competent with all of these things. This is here to provide context around how we work:
- PHP with Laravel
- Amazon Web Services including: MySql RDS, EC2, EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service), S3, Route53 (DNS)
- git (BitBucket)
If this looks like a good match for your please apply by sending through your updated resume to: Simon@CoTalent.com.au
Alternatively if you know someone who would make a great fit for this role, please get in touch as we offer $750 for successful candidate referrals!