- 6 month initial contract, likely to extend
- Join a high performing team and learn from some of the best
- Creative, problem-solving environment full of like-minded people
About the company
Our client is a global financial organisation without the typical red tape you would usually find in most banks. They lead the way in innovation and are streamlining their business practices. With their unique structure be prepared to find a laid-back environment, where contractors are treated like permanent staff.
About the team
You will be joining a high achieving, problem solving team, who are some of the best in the industry. You will share ideas in a creative environment where innovation is the main goal.
As Devops Engineer in this role you will focus on build and release best practices: you will help with improving CI/CD pipelines; migrate from Bamboo to Jenkins CI; set up Jenkins builds; and generally improve best practices in build, deployment and environment management across the business.
You should be highly familiar with best practices in build and release in complex environments, and take into consideration governance and security. You have high attention to detail and accustomed to working in IT environments with both legacy monolithic codebases and modern, agile projects using CI/CD practices.
What are you good at
- Strong hands on continuous integration skills using Jenkins
- Resolving production environment issues
- Agile, Scrum environments
- Build & Release best practices
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues
- Experience in Java and Unix environments
- Monitoring containers and containerisation best practices
Job Features and Benefits
- Contractor friendly environment
- Banking firm with a great brand name
- Stable long contract available in 6 month blocks
- Be part of a distinct modernisation period, driven from the top of the company